Summer in Grand Junction can be a wonderful time! The monsoon season arrives, bringing much needed rain. The tourist crowds stay in the mountains, and we're left with our beautiful valley all
Grand Junction Recreational Opportunities
In Western Colorado, recreation is a way of life. We have a huge amount of public land available to us for playing in and on, and lots of other ammenities too. Here is our top list of Grand Junction Recreational Opportunities.
1. Golf Courses - Grand Junction is home to 5 public golf courses and one private course. The views from each course are breathtaking! Gorgeous views of red rock in the Colorado National Monument, the sandy Bookcliffs, and the Grand Mesa. From Adobe Creek in Fruita to Bookcliff Country Club in North Grand Junction, we've got plenty of courses to suit your needs.
2. Trails - for hiking only, for shared use, for dirtbikes, for mountain bikes, jeeps, etc. We've got trails for every type of outdoor activity you can imagine! Our massive trail systems in Bangs Canyon, the Lunch Loop area, the North Fruita Desert and Rabbit Valley are great Grand Junction recreational opportunities.
3. The Colorado River - for anglers, paddleboarders and rafters, the Colorado River provides a welcome respite from crowds and from the heat of summer. Take a day trip through town or plan an overnight through the Ruby-Horsethief area.
4. Parks - We've got a great selection of city and county parks here in Grand Junction. Recreational opportunities abound at them! You can play pickleball at Lincoln Park, basketball at Canyonview, take your dog to the Canyonview Dog Park, or play with your kids at the newly renovated playground at Sherwood Park. Each park offers a great area for walking as well.
5. The Grand Mesa - escape the heat of summer and discover the gem of the Grand Mesa! You can mountain bike at Powerhorn, hike, camp, fish, and just explore the vast open wilderness of this flattop mountain. There's no limit to your adventures up here and you'll be able to see all sorts of wildlife, if you're lucky!
There are so many recreational opportunities in Grand Junction. We've just discussed a few here. If you're ready to move to Colorado's Western Slope, start your home search here.
Toni Heiden-Moran is owner/broker for Weichert, Realtors – Heiden Homes Realty, 735 Rood Avenue, in the historic downtown area of Grand Junction, Colorado. Toni has more than 40 years of experience ....