Summer in Grand Junction can be a wonderful time! The monsoon season arrives, bringing much needed rain. The tourist crowds stay in the mountains, and we're left with our beautiful valley all
Living in Downtown Grand Junction
There are a plethora of reasons people move to Colorado. Some want the gorgeous views, others want the outdoor recreation opportunities. In fact, in 2017, 80,000 people found reasons to move to Colorado. While the reasons to move to our state may seem obvious, we think the reasons to live in Downtown Grand Junction are obvious too.
1. Downtown Grand Junction is vibrant and growing! New industries and businesses in our downtown sector mean more opportunities for you: more restaurants and more shops will soon follow. It's an exciting feeling to know you can walk to great places to eat, to clothing stores, bookstores and even a movie theater.
Image from Colorado.com
2. Outdoor recreation is mere minutes away! Bike down to the riverfront trail and ride from downtown to Loma or Palisade. Walk over to Lincoln Park for a swim in the public pool or to play 9 holes with your friends. Rain keeping you from getting outside? Head over to Crossroads Fitness Center in the Alpine Bank building for a great workout!
3. Unique properties abound downtown. From lofts on Main Street to Victorian fixer-uppers a few blocks away, you'll be able to find the perfect property. South of downtown by the river are the River's Edge condos. These new and modern condos offer gorgeous river views and 1-car garages too!
4. No need for quarters when you live downtown! Walk to the many festivals and farmer's market nights that happen throughout the spring, summer and fall in Grand Junction. Leave the car in the driveway and take your bags with you on a stroll to pick up produce on Thursday evenings from June - October. Have an extra glass of wine with that celebratory dinner knowing home is just a few blocks away and you don't have to drive.
5. Living in Downtown Grand Junction means you get to be a part of it all! From new businesses to protest marches, the Parade of Lights and Antique Car Shows, you'll have a front row seat to all the energy and excitement Grand Junction has to offer.
If you're ready to start your journey to living in Downtown Grand Junction, click here to search for homes like the one above.
Toni Heiden-Moran is owner/broker for Weichert, Realtors – Heiden Homes Realty, 735 Rood Avenue, in the historic downtown area of Grand Junction, Colorado. Toni has more than 40 years of experience ....