Summer in the high desert can seem rough. There's always talk of a drought and conversations will often turn to the familiar phrase of, "We could sure use rain!" All of that is true. Still, there
Selling or Buying a Home during the Coronavirus
Dated: March 23 2020
We're in unusual times. No one can deny that. There is uncertainty surrounding most aspects of our lives, our work and our future. However, if your home is for sale, there's no reason to panic. There are lots of ways to still market a home during this coronavirus "social distancing" period.
Selling or Buying a Home during the Coronavirus:
1. Virtual open houses are easy to conduct and market! In our local area Real Estate Weekly is still being published and is a great way to market your "virtual" open house. Using Facebook Live is an easy way for anyone interested to watch and ask questions.
2. Skype and Facetime are also options for one-on-one virtual tours. Prospective home buyers can speak directly to the agent, get a "walk through" of the home, and ask any questions they have.
3. Title companies are taking measures to ensure the safety of all involved in the closing process. Many are asking for realtors to be available by phone only. Others are ensuring sanitizer is available and that no pens are shared. Theyr'e also splitting closing times for buyers and sellers.
Thinking about Selling or Buying a Home during the Coronavirus
1. If you're planning to sell your home soon, use this extra time at home to spruce up your curb appeal. Fix gutters, paint trim, rake dead leaves away from plants too.
2. You can also use this time to update the interior as well. Paint rooms that need refreshing. Do a deep clean of your kitchen and bathrooms. Clean out the garage!
3. If you're thinking of buying a home, consider using this time to do your research. Drive through some neighborhoods you're intersted in, for instance. See what's available in your price range and map those neighborhoods.
The home buying and selling process doesn't stop, even when times are tough. We're here to help you find a home or sell a home, no matter what! If you have questions, feel free to contact us anytime.
Toni Heiden-Moran is owner/broker for Weichert, Realtors – Heiden Homes Realty, 735 Rood Avenue, in the historic downtown area of Grand Junction, Colorado. Toni has more than 40 years of experience ....